Gluten free diet - the Master of Substitution
Gluten is a protein found in wheat barley and rye. Gluten sensitivity is a condition rising out the body not being able to digest this. Initially not recognised as a medical condition, gluten sensitivity has gained importance as a serious condition. The only way to counteract this is through dietary control.
Tackling a rare disorder.
A Gluten Free Diet goes a long way in controlling this condition. Our dieticians, at Diets & More, after a long study have come up with a plan of action to help patients of the here-to unknown condition.
Tips to a Gluten Free Diet.
- Read the ingredients in all packaged food. This helps to determine whether it contain anything that you should have or not.
- Use alternatives to gluten flours such as barley flour, arrowroot flour etc. Almost all dishes that require wheat can be substituted with a gluten free flour.
- Vegetables, fresh fruits, poultry meats etc. are naturally gluten free. Use them as base of your meal.
- Millet, corn, barley are some of the gluten free corns available today. Use them in abundance.
- Know which fluids to avoid as some drinks are wheat based.
- Being gluten sensitive does not mean that you cannot have tasty meals. It just means keeping a watch on everything you eat. Th Gluten Free Diet of Diets & More is specially formulated for this purpose. After all our aim is to help you lead a healthy life.
- A gluten free diet is suitable for an ADHD patient or anyone with gluten allergy or Celiac Disease i.e inability to digest gluten.
- Since cereal is the staple diet in India, gluten free diet includes more of buckwheat, millets such as ragi and jowar, gluten free flours and breads. If the patient sticks with gluten free diet, there is a drastic improvement in their condition.
Foods To Eat And Avoid If You Are Suffering From Gluten Intolerance:
Foods To Eat:
- Plain Dairy product only and not the flavored one (make sure you read the label)
- Meats and fishes (Except battered or coated one)
- Fruits and vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
There are so many more, just make sure you read the label or ask once before having to be sure that the particular item is gluten-free.
Foods To Avoid:
The list doesn’t end here; make sure you consult your nutritionist before having anything to avoid any complications. To get online Diet Consultation or Gluten Free Diet Plan, give a call or WhatsApp your query.