Diet for the elderly - Aging Gracefully
As individual ages, many changes are seen in the human body. These can be a direct consequence of the changes in our dietary lifestyle. But eating well is vital to maintaining the mental and physical well-being of the human body. A healthy diet can also help a person to stay positive and emotionally balanced.
Helping you Age gracefully
Diets & More philosophy is that healthy eating does not mean sacrificing all that is yummy. The Diet for the Elderly is specially formulated to include healthy fresh foods and wholesome ingredients.
Diets & More rules to keep in mind while deciding Diet for Elderly
- A healthy diet is the key to mental and physical well-being.
- Aging changes our tastes and eating habits. Accept this.
- There is a difference between healthy and unhealthy fats.
- Reduce the intake of salt and sugar.
- Eat with family and friends. This changes your whole outlook to life.
- Teach your brain to crave healthier foods. It is beneficial in the long run.
Food dos and don’ts.
- Eat seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables. Their antioxidants help the body in many ways.
- Small meals at regular intervals (6-7) helps the body absorb nutrients better and prevent fatigue.
- Drink 15 glasses of water a day to avoid dehydration. As we age the muscle density decreases and the body dehydrates easily.
Drop in at Diets & More for a customised Diet Plan for the Elderly. Our customised diet plans will help you lead an active and healthy lifestyle.
Tips For Healthy Aging Experience:
- Feed your body and mind as well to live longer and stronger.
- A healthy lifestyle is more than just healthy eating, so, go out and indulge yourself in some exercise appropriate as per your age.
- Adapt physical, dietary and mental changes with your wide arms open.
- This is the phase when you need to take care of yourself more than anyone else. So, it’s good to give time, care and love to your body for proper growth and healthy living.
Enjoy this beautiful phase of your life and to get an online diet consultation, feel free to contact now.